Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Authorized King James Version




Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two different world's

Two different world's:
I want to share with you two poems I wrote at two different times in my life. The first " Our Plight" was written before I came to know Jesus Christ in a personal way. I accepted Christ's forgiveness approx. three months later.

Our Plight
After we have entered the world, and played our part.
Where can we go with our broken heart?
How can we turn to get rid of the pain?
If we go back and start again, will we be refreshed as grass from rain?
Or will we always be as lonely as a train?
The train that rumbles the many miles.
How dark and gray, and never a smile.
Where is the home of a weary *wanderer?
Or where is the bed of a weary ponderer?
Must we forever be lost as a star in the milky way?
WHY, OH WHY, do we feel this way?
Is there a reason we go astray?
Why do we hate, and fear, and dread?
Or WHY did God take my Mother among the dead?
I see not why men strive in vain.
When all we can really understand is pain.

*WANDERER: one who moves about with no destination or purpose
Written in February of 1960.

The second "The Answer" was written in answer to the poem "Our Plight" which appears above. "The Answer" was written approx. six years after I found new life in Christ.

The Answer
I found the answer to this world, when I received Christ and was set apart.
When troubles come, I go directly to His heart.
I only have to confess for He already bore my pain.
It was for my sins, His blood was drained.
Yes I start anew fresh and clean and now sit with the Master to be trained.
I no longer fear this earth's short mile.
Whether it be dark or bright, with Christ I can smile.
I found my eternal home and have ceased to *wander,
He is my rest of His glories and love now I ponder.
I am no longer lost for Christ is the way.
He has promised with His eye to guide my way.
Thank you God for gathering this wandering stray.
My life is changed; no longer do I hate and fear and dread.
He has given me eternal hope, because He arose from the dead.
Apart from Christ all my efforts and life are vain.
In Christ all joy and sorrow has a reason even in our pain.

*WANDER:to move about with no destination or purpose.
Written April 9, 1966.

No comments:

Post a Comment