Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Authorized King James Version




Monday, February 21, 2011

His Way

"HE LEADETH ME" BY John F. Chaplain

In pastures green? Not always; sometimes He Who knows best, in kindness leads me by weary ways, where heavy shadows be.
Out of the sunshine warm and soft and bright - Out of the sunshine into the darkest night, I oft would faint with sorrow and affright, Only for this - I know He holds my hand; So whether in the green or desert land I trust although I may not understand.

And by still waters? No, not always so, oft-times the heavy tempests round me blow and o'er my soul the water and billows go.
But when the storm is loudest and I cry aloud for help, the Master stands by and whispers to my soul, "Lo it is I." Above the tempest wild I hear Him say,
"Beyond this darkness lies the perfect day; in every path of thine I lead the way."

So whether on the hilltop high and fair I dwell, or in the sunless valley where shadows lay - what matters? He is there!
So where He leads me, I can safely go, And in the blest hereafter I shall know WHY, in His wisdom, He hath led me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment