Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Authorized King James Version




Friday, July 20, 2012

I See Jesus

I See Jesus

I saw Jesus last week.
He was wearing blue jeans and an old shirt.
He was up at the church building;
He was alone and working hard.
For just a minute he looked a little like one of our members.
But it was Jesus...I could tell by His smile.


I saw Jesus last Sunday.
He was teaching a Bible class.
He didn't talk real loud or use long words,
But you could tell He believed what He said.
For just a minute, He looked like my Bible teacher.
But it was Jesus.... I could tell by His loving voice.

I saw Jesus yesterday.
He was at the hospital visiting a friend who was sick.
They prayed together quietly.
For just a minute he looked like Brother Jones.
But it was Jesus...I could tell by the tears in His eyes.

I saw Jesus this morning.
He was in my kitchen making my breakfast
and fixing me a special lunch.
For just a minute He looked like my mom.
But it was Jesus...I could feel the love from His heart.

I see Jesus everywhere,
Taking food to the sick...
Welcoming others to His home, Being friendly to a newcomer...
& for just a minute, I think He's someone I know.
But it's always Jesus...I can tell by the way he serves.

Written by Summer Waters at age 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment