Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Authorized King James Version




Sunday, May 9, 2010

Awesome God

Awesome God
Come, Thou Fount

Come , Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing, Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet Sung by flaming tongues above;
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer Hither by Thy help I'm come;
And I hope by Thy good pleasure Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger Wand'ring from the fold of God;
He to rescue me from danger Interposed His precious blood.


O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness like a fetter Bind my wand'ring heart to Thee:
Prone to wander Lord, I feel it Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above.

Ebenezer (stone of help)

I am always amazed that Jesus sought me when I was a stranger to Him, but He knew me and loved me even before the foundation of the world He loved me. On May 11 I will be 50 years old in the Lord. He did indeed rescue me (Sally) from danger. His precious blood was the required payment, nothing I could do. Thank You Precious Jesus!!! PRAISE MY AWESOME GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment