Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Authorized King James Version




Thursday, May 13, 2010

Laughter

Do you like to hear the sound of laughter. I love that sound. It is really good for us also. Last night I had the joy of being able to attend a Mother's - Daughter's get together and supper at my dear friends Patty's church. The speaker for the evening was Edna Thayer, she co authored a book with Mary Huntley entitled "A Mirthful Spirit". The book sounds very interesting an I wished I would have had the $10 reduced price for the evening to buy it. It sells for $18.95 normally. The Bible tells us that "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." I especially love the laughter of children. There are just some people that it is easy to share laughter with. A good belly laugh exercises the muscle around us as we shake with laughter. Sometimes there are periods of tears in our life. Last night was one of those times for my dear friend. The grief of just losing her Mom was hard and yes there were some tears, because of that very fresh grief she has. I was glad I could hold her and let her cry, because of precious memories. She also shared in the laughter and she and I shared some of the things about her Mom that made her so precious and also funny expressions that made us laugh as we talked about her Mom. I challenge you start laughing at yourself and make someone else laugh today.

No comments:

Post a Comment