Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Authorized King James Version




Saturday, February 5, 2011

Christian Songs

Christian songs speak to my heart. I can attend a Christian music concert and God can speak to my heart as if it were a pastor speaking. I love many hymns the following is a favorite.

"I KNOW OF A NAME "
BY: JEAN PERRY 1865 - 1935

I know of a name, a beautiful name,
That angels brought down to earth;
They whispered it low, one night long ago,
To a maiden of lowly birth.

Refrain

That beautiful name, that beautiful name,
From sin has power to free us!
That beautiful name, that wonderful name,
That matchless name is Jesus!

I know of a name, a beautiful name,
That unto a Babe was given.
The stars littered bright throughout that glad night,
and angels praised God in Heav'n.

Refrain

The one of that name, my Savior became,
My Savior of Calvary.
My sins nailed Him there; my burdens He bare.
He suffered all this for me.

Refrain

I love that blest name, that wonderful name,
Made higher than all in Heaven.
'Twas whispered, I know, in my heart long ago
To Jesus my life I've giv'n.

Refrain

To learn more of other hymns I suggest you visit:
http://wordwisehymns.com
with Robert Cottrill

No comments:

Post a Comment